WHO CAN DO HOT YOGA?
Anyone over 18 can participate in our Hot Yoga classes and can practice as often as they would like!! You don’t have to loose weight and you don’t have to be flexible to start taking classes. You can start today just the way you are!
By practicing Hot Yoga regularly, you will notice that your flexibility, strength, balance, and overall health will begin to improve. For those who have problem areas such as muscle aches, joint pain, chronic pain, and other injuries, we use the extreme caution to make sure no further injury is caused to the problem area during a class.
Many of the poses you will try during a class are new to your body and some can be uncomfortable but they should NEVER be painful.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FITNESS STUDIOS?
- Unlike other fitness studios that focus on one specific area of your body, Studio 39 offers unique classes, with 26 poses that targets dozens of specific areas. These poses repaire your entire mind, body, and soul. Hot Yoga is truly a special form of fitness that heals your entire body from the inside out and it is an excellent detox!!!
- You burn between 600 – 1200 calories per class!!! To burn the same amount of calories, you would have to run 15 kilometers!
- Other work outs can cause injury to your body and wear down the joints, while Hot Yoga is designed to repair injuries and existing problem areas.
- “Kula”, in the yoga world, refers to the sense of community that you have when you join a yoga studio. This sense of “Kula” helps you push through an intense class with more ease. It helps to know that your fellow yoga friends are going through the same challenges with you and are right by your side to help you through!
- Having a designated class frees you from outside distractions so you can switch off and unplug yourself from all of your daily stresses!
- Every day is different! It’s not the same boring treadmill or bench press, you’ll never be bored with Hot Yoga!
- A new sense of body and mind awareness will develop. You will get to know your body better and think with a clearer mind and a sounder soul.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE CLASS?
Come as you are! There is no physical preparation that you need to do before a class but we do recommend that you keep hydrated with water throughout the day and do not eat for 2-3 hours before going to a class.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
We offer bottled water for sale as well as yoga mats and large towels for rent. We also offer complimentary hand towels for the class*
WHAT TO WEAR
Normal work out clothes are ok, dry fit and comfortable clothing are recommended.
If you would like to bring your own supplies you will need to bring:
- Standard Yoga Mat, 2-3mm thickness preferred
- Large sweat towel to cover yoga mat
- At least 1-2 liters of water during and after class
WHY PRIVATE LESSONS?
Yoga has been practiced for over 5,0000 years! And wasn’t until the last few decades that yoga began to be practiced in a group environment. For thousands of years, yoga was always taught on a one-to-one basis, teacher to student. The great ancient teachers understood the importance of individual teaching so that they could meet the full needs of each of their students.
Having a private lesson can greatly improve your over all well being, build your confidence, and help you gain more knowledge about the poses that benefit you most. Private lessons help you tap into your full potential and can even give you the knowledge to practice at home. Often times, students find that they achieve more in a couple private lessons than they do in several months of group classes. During a private lesson, the entire time is dedicated to only you and your needs and is the perfect way to improve results at any level!
- Learn asanas at your own pace
- Address a specific problem area or injury
- Learn proper alignment to maximize pose benefits
- Master a challenging pose
- Focus on areas that help your specific needs and interests
- Learn how to modify poses for specific injuries or health concerns
- Help achieve you goals faster
- Get into difficult poses easier with aid from the instructor
- If you want to get others into yoga and share a personal experience together
- Share the gift of health with a loved one for a special occasion
- If you are a beginner and want to have more guidance and attention while you learn the poses
WHY PREGNANCY YOGA?
Pregnancy is a precious and beautiful time to practice yoga and embrace humility, shed the ego, and surrender to what is. With our private pregnancy lessons, we help you achieve a deeper connection to your body, your baby, and even with your significant other. We focus on circulation, breathing, stretching, and your over all wellbeing of the mind, body, and soul. Our private lessons have drawn inspired from our traditional 26 poses but are slightly altered for your pregnancy safety as well as your personal needs.
- Physical strength and flexibility
- Strengthens joints and muscles
- Keeps the hips and spine healthy
- Breathing control techniques in preparation for labor and pain management
- Increases blood flow to reduce swelling and water retention
- Sharpens the mind and clears you head
- Builds mental strength
- Provides peace and calmness throughout your day
- Helps you sleep better and feel more rested
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE TAKING A PREGNANCY HOT YOGA CLASS
This Class Is Not For Beginners
Have an established regular Hot Yoga practice prior to pregnancy so your body is already acclimated to the hot room and postures. Hot yoga, along with all other forms of intense exercise are not recommended unless previously practiced before becoming pregnant.
Listen To Your Body
Consider skipping the first trimester. The first three months of pregnancy can be crucial so it is important to be extra cautious during this time.
For the second and third trimester, Hot Yoga can be very beneficial to your over all well-being. With that in mind, it is up to the mother’s own judgment as to what feels right. We understand that every pregnancy is different and we offer private lessons for expecting mother’s that want to target specific concerns or discomforts. Like any other form of exercise, the heart rate will go up, sweat will be shed, and the body will be exerted, so we ask you consider your over all pregnancy health prior to sining up for a lesson.
Make Sure to Consult Your Doctor and Yoga Instructor
Full disclosure regarding pregnancy concerns, problems, or ailments, to both your doctor and instructor, are very important. If there have been any complications or if there are any preexisting or conflicting conditions, we do not recommend participating in our Hot Yoga courses.